Thursday 25 June 2015

COGTAS, ALORO AWARDED AT 10 ------Visiree Genayas


        Mrs. Jeanille B. Cogtas, High School Teacher, and Mrs. Merlisa A. Aloro, Kindergarten Teacher, received service awards during the Silveration Ball held at the Waterfront Hotel last September 13, 2013.
        They both served ACT for 10 years now. They started working in ACT during the summer of 2003.
        It is customary for ACT to award employees who worked for 10,15, 20, and 25.
         Cogtas stated that she has no plans of transferring to other schools. “ I am attached to ACT though many people discouraged me to stay because according to them I have no future here. But I thought my future is in my hands.            
        No one can tell me where my future is. I make my own future and I say its here.” she said.
        She also mentioned that she doesn’t see herself outside ACT because she learned to grow roots here and that root has been deeply set. “ A person who does not grow roots does not belong to anything.” she added.
        Cogtas confessed that she has discovered herself more when assigned to High School. “I have learned to smile, have fun with the students. I enjoyed my job.”
        Aloro on the other hand has professionally grown into a sought after preschool teacher then Grade two then back to preschool.
        Archielfaye Brigitte Mori, Gr. 10-Fortitude, said that she is proud of Teacher Merl and that she was her favorite teacher when she was Grade two.
LEFT: Jeanille B. Cogtas  RIGHT: Merlisa A. Aloro
        Saaya Watabe, Gr. 10 Fortitude, said, “She’s the type of teacher who always shows appreciation to her students and to other co-teachers.”
        Cogtas and Aloro were classmates in college taking up Bachelor of Secondary Education major in English. They were from Cebu Normal University.






No comments:

Post a Comment